You are here : Padare Radio
- Pistorius Trial: Day Five begins March 7, 2014Oscar Pistorius is back in court for the fifth day of his trial for the alleged murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- DR Congo warlord faces ICC verdict March 7, 2014A verdict is due at the International Criminal Court trial of DR Congo militia leader Germain Katanga, accused of being behind a village massacre.
- Malaria 'spreading to new altitudes' March 7, 2014Warmer temperatures are causing malaria to spread in the African and South American highlands, traditionally havens from the disease, scientists say.
- The Somali love of 'rude' nicknames March 7, 2014The country where you'll find No Fingers, Stutterer and White Hair
- Nigerian men lashed for gay acts March 6, 2014Four Nigerian men receive 20 lashes each after an Islamic court in the northern city of Bauchi convicts them of gay sex, officials say.
- Power blackouts end in South Africa March 6, 2014South Africa's power emergency ends on Thursday night, says state power company Eskom, after a day of rolling blackouts.
- Player suspended for 'Sisi' sign March 6, 2014Egypt's FA suspends Salah Amin after accusing him of gesturing in support of the country's military chief.
- Kenya, Sudan match off in venue row March 6, 2014A friendly international between Kenya and Sudan is called off following a row over the venue and timing of the match.
- Islamists 'lose' key Somalia town March 6, 2014Ethiopian and government forces seize a key Somali town from militant Islamist group al-Shabab, officials say, in what may be the start of a new offensive.
- Niger extradites Gaddafi's son March 6, 2014The Libyan government says former leader Col Muammar Gaddafi's son, Saadi, has been extradited from Niger and is now in custody in Tripoli.
- Pistorius Trial: Day Five begins March 7, 2014